Creative DESIGN Technologies Department
The CDT department currently has three full time members of staff, Mr Fleming, Mr Mackay and Mr Macleod.
Currently the CDT department offer the following courses:
S1 - Pupils begin their Broad General Education attend 2 periods a week of Design and Manufacture, Graphic Design , and an Engineering Science topic (in S1 this is Electricity).
S2 - The pupils attend one period a week and study three distinct areas; Design & Manufacture, Engineering Science and Graphic Communication. Pupils also have the option to take a 12 week Craft and Design option course for one period a week in S2.
S3 - Pupils may select CDT in S3 as part of their choices. This course runs for the whole year and is for 3 periods a week. This course builds on previous experiences and is studied in three distinct areas of CDT; Design & Manufacture, Engineering Science and Graphic Communication.
Senior school pupils may select one or several of the subjects below:
- Design and Manufacture - National 4, National 5
- Engineering Science - National 4, National 5, Higher
- Graphic Communications - National 4, National 5, Higher, Advanced Higher
- Product Design - Higher
- CDT Enterprise - Non-Certificated
- Practical Crafts (Wood) - Units only (Possible to achieve N4 over two years)